relay kit for gen 1 rx7 powerwindows! *now with pics*

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderator: rotaryrx7white

sim_rx3
Uber Post Whore
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

relay kit for gen 1 rx7 powerwindows! *now with pics*

#1 Post by sim_rx3 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:35 am

ok first of all are you "door checks" ok (the rubber bits the window travels up and down in)??

if they look old replace them they are easy to do.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO USE GREASE ETC TO LUB THE CHANNEL THAT THE WINDOW TRAVELS IN.

it wasnt done from factory and isnt needed doing now, as its only a band aid solution that only fixes the problem for a little while.
it will only fill the channel with dust later and make it harder for the window to move. so dont do it.

now to check window adjustment -

put ya window up half way and open your door. now as you stand at the back of the door move ya window backwards and forwards.

does the window move much?

if so then its badly out of adjustment which will contribute to your window not working properly either.

take ya door trim off and at the front inside part of the door you will see a bolt with an elongated hole it is in. this is your window adjustment.

loosen bolt and reach inside the door and grab the inner bar that is attatched to it and move it towards the back of the car.
once it gets a little hard to pull back (dont yank it) tighten bolt.

then stand at back of door again and move window backwards and forwards. there should only be a little movement so keep adjusting until you get this.

if its fully adjusted back and the window moves backwards and forwards alot then rubbers (door checks) definetly need replaceing.

ok also to stop ya power window switches from carboning up and slowing ya windows down aswell or not making them work properly. i can make the windows work better as i also sell a plug and play relay kit for the gen 1 power windows.

your window switches can be pulled apart and cleaned as well. but they will eventually carbon up again

so now ive developed a kit that fits into the gen 1 power window circuit and im starting to build them.

basically what happens if you buy the kit is basically you unplug the powerwindow switch from the car loom near the console where the switches are mounted.

then plug my kit into the original plugs and wala

the switches will work the relays and the relays will work the window motors. just plug and play. :wink:

no more carbonised contacts stopping your powerwindows from working.

you dont have to be an auto electrician to install it as its plug and play.

ps if ya powerwindows dont work at all (ie no power or broken wire) atm then the kit wont fix the problem.

you need to either clean the contacts of the switch or find the broken wire thats not making the windows work first before installing the kit.

pps i am currently working on a second gen version too its a bit more involved so will be a little dearer as it uses 6 relays unlike the first gen only using 4.

all connections soldered -

the unit ready to be installed (note i didnt just use blue spade connectors, i used proper relay bases so if a relay ever shits itself ya just unplug the relay and plug a new one in without having to worry about where wires go!) -

how it looks before install (passenger side seat needs to be removed) -

installation - ive kept the 2 relays separate so there is no confusion on the install. basically ya unplug the powerwindow switch from the loom.
now plug my unit into the loom and the plug that sits beside it will plug into the switch!

now fully installed ready to work -

place the carpet back and its done -

For sale: Gen 1 rx7 relay power window kits
Item Condition: Brand new
Price and price conditions:$140 AUS + postage
Contact Details: pm or e-mail sim_rx3@hotmail.com
Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: direct deposit and can be couriered across the country
Last edited by sim_rx3 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Image <---TO SEE MY WORK HIT THE PIC ----- WANA TAKE IT TO THE TRACK ---> http://www.renew.asn.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

touki
Get a Life

#2 Post by touki » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:38 pm

i hope i dont get flamed for this, but i think the price is a little too much, considering you can do it yourself with the readily available instructions for a fraction of the cost. i understand that this is plug in and play, but then i think most people on here are pretty tight and would prefer to spend 1hr or two doing it themselves to save $150 or so

MAZDA RX7 S3 13BT - SOLD :(
MAZDA FAMILA GTR - CURRENT
MAZDA RX7 S8 13BT- CURRENT

SkillleSSneSS
Spitting Seals

#3 Post by SkillleSSneSS » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:51 pm

Exactly, dont take this the wrong way, but the price is way to high.

You should be able to get a few relays, wire and a few plugs for well under $100.

sim_rx3
Uber Post Whore

#4 Post by sim_rx3 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:59 pm

tis cool boys, thats why its EOI. im getting a feel for the amount of time it takes to make and charge. ive asked for opinions :wink:

plus i assemble and solder all the wire connections.
there will be instructions etc with it as well.

Image <---TO SEE MY WORK HIT THE PIC ----- WANA TAKE IT TO THE TRACK ---> http://www.renew.asn.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anonymous

#5 Post by Anonymous » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:08 pm

If you guys were to make a kit how much would you charge? 50-100 bucks? It wouldnt be worth while.
If i ever get some cash ill be getting a kit for my first gen. I think the price is fair. :)

Motor
Get a Life

#6 Post by Motor » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:19 pm

i have absolutely no idea what it does :? maybe i missed something?

All i know is it has something to do with your electric windows.

Is it a replacement for the center console bit or something?

i think ill re-read your post, might have missed something :(

BrapAttack wrote:90 rotars!!! Nice!!!
Take THAT O-zone \:D/

sim_rx3
Uber Post Whore

#7 Post by sim_rx3 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:57 pm

Ecu_boost - ive started making them already. ill have pics up soon, just getting a feel for the price i should sell them for!! :wink:

motor - you remove/change nothing. ya just unplug the power window switch from the car wiring harness and plug my harness inbetween the original plugs ya disconnected and its done. quite simple. 8)

Lukus
Dr Wankel Himself

#8 Post by Lukus » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:00 pm

sim_rx3 wrote:Ecu_boost - ive started making them already. ill have pics up soon, just getting a feel for the price i should sell them for!! :wink:

motor - you remove/change nothing. ya just unplug the power window switch from the car wiring harness and plug my harness inbetween the original plugs ya disconnected and its done. quite simple. 8)
I think he's asking "what does it do?"

Cheapest way to send parts? Use E-Go Couriers!

Get an instant quote by clicking the link above and compare before you book!

SUI.51D
Boost Me Up

?

#9 Post by SUI.51D » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:08 pm

Yeah like whats the advantage to it? from what i see it jus makes the windows go up and down like my other switches. So does it eliminate having 2 switches? Or it jus makes the contact better therefore making the windows work better?

Lukus
Dr Wankel Himself

Re: ?

#10 Post by Lukus » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:26 pm

SUI.51D wrote:Yeah like whats the advantage to it? from what i see it jus makes the windows go up and down like my other switches. So does it eliminate having 2 switches? Or it jus makes the contact better therefore making the windows work better?
It reduces the time it takes for the windows to go up and down. All of the power goes through those switches and when they get dirty or burnt a bit, it slows everything down. By using relays, alot less power goes through the actual switches and it speeds everything up.

SUI.51D
Boost Me Up

ohh

#11 Post by SUI.51D » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:32 pm

oh ok, so theres still two switches and they fit in the same slots?

Lukus
Dr Wankel Himself

Re: ohh

#12 Post by Lukus » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:51 pm

SUI.51D wrote:oh ok, so theres still two switches and they fit in the same slots?
Yep! No changes to the switch arrangement. This is just the wiring behind the scenes.

SUI.51D
Boost Me Up

ok

#13 Post by SUI.51D » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:55 pm

ok then sounds ok but to be honest i wouldnt pay $200. Maybe some people would and goodluck but for me anything over $100 isnt worth my windows going up a bit quicker! But ill be interested to see the final price so keep us posted. :wink:

OHH-31P
Searching For More Power

#14 Post by OHH-31P » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:03 pm

im getting mine done soon hopefully :) thoroughly sick of fucking windows that work sometimes, and when they do, bloody slowly and one at a time.

:)

W0rp3D
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

#15 Post by W0rp3D » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:06 pm

i have brought the relays to do this, just need to get motivated and find out what plugs it has and then go steal some from a wreckers, relays only cost me $20 and i cant see the new plugs and a bit of wire costing much more than $20, so if it takes you an hour to put it all togther, which since your an auto elec i cant see it even taking that long then i reckon $75 - $100 would be fair.

Just my 2c