NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

Anyone know what happened to 10A PP ???

All car-related multimedia topics belong here. If you wish to post or request car-related pictures, videos, links, signatures or photochops, this is the place.

Moderators: wotmazda, 7rex, KILLA 13B, matty

snocone
Epitrochoid Shaped Head
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Anyone know what happened to 10A PP ???

#1 Post by snocone » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:29 am

This R100 was for sale on here, i think, about 7 years ago.

I was very tempted to sell my 1986 s4 turbo II to buy it, however at the time I baulked at the sale of
my rx7 and never enquired about the R100 and was wandering if it ever sold or is still getting around.

Pictures from sale below. I kept these pics on my computer.

I cant remeber what the for sale price was. maybe $18000 :-"

golfy
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

Re: Anyone know what happened to 10A PP ???

#2 Post by golfy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey mate..

I was there when the 10app was built :P ... even have incar footage somewhere.. gees it revved..

but like u, not sure what ended up happening to it... 8-[

"MAZDAS-the more you look, the more you like"

My Wagon - viewtopic.php?t=98152

Eeyore

#3 Post by Eeyore » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Wasn't it at Jamboree just a couple of years ago?

Kurt - Eeyore's Racing
1971 1300 Estate Deluxe
1973 1300 Wagon
1979 RX7

golfy
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

#4 Post by golfy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Not real sure Kurt.. :)

i dont get around the pits much.. just sit on the hill and watch the action... :-"

"MAZDAS-the more you look, the more you like"

My Wagon - viewtopic.php?t=98152

DereksRX
Mazda Approved Mechanic

#5 Post by DereksRX » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Does the body on that car look very ruff, or is it just the pics?

rx 075
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

#6 Post by rx 075 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:31 am

DereksRX wrote:Does the body on that car look very ruff, or is it just the pics?
thats what i was thinking it probily rusted away.

snocone
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

#7 Post by snocone » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:17 pm

that was one of the reasons i didnt realy pursue it, plus the fact i still had to sell my rx7 to fund it :-({|=

Billy B
Searching For More Power
Location: Sitting naked in front of the computer, stalking biatches on myspace

#8 Post by Billy B » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:06 am

Yes it was at jambo (5/6 maybe more years ago) and when I saw it the body was rough (thats being kind), motor was smokey all the time and it had a for sale sign asking laughable money for it (back then). Gav I know you mate and it would not of been a car you would of bought or been happy with, staying with the Rx7 was a much much better choice.

If I find some old jambo pics I will put them up.

Regards
Bill

snocone
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

#9 Post by snocone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 am

yeah thanks Billy, it did look a bit rough in the photos. Didnt think it was that bad but.

Looks like i made the right decision in the end .............. \:D/

Still would be nice to have an r1 tucked away in the garage. 8)

10appRod
Registered Rotor User

#10 Post by 10appRod » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Guys, was googling photos of recently and came across the post, so I had to register and fill you in.
I was the owner of 10app it sold for 10k unregistered a few months after you saw it at the Jamboree, not bad money then but don't you wish you had bought it at that price now!. I saw it at a Jamboree bout 4 years ago and now it's black with a stock 13b in it, still same interior. Was still same guy who bought it off me but not sure where it is now
The back story: It was my first car, bought from a guy in boonah. I did a full rebuild on it (body work and full interior, stock 12a was ok) but being 16 and not having a lot of money had a "friend" do the body work, and yes it was a bit rough. Spent a few years driving it and living the dream, even raced it at Jambo, ran a 16 flat (wasn't fast but I loved it). Then got the bug to make it faster and that's where it went down hill. I had the 10a pp built but wasn't a good built and it ceased once, then had constant issues with it starting, reliability and the more work that was done on it the more damaged it got. But as golfy said it revved its balls off and was absolutely awesome to drive, nothing better than a loud, lumpy, fuel stinking rotary beast to drive, didn't need a radio cause you wouldn't hear it anyway and why do you need more noise than a rotary! When I had a passenger, ones who followed us would say they knew when we were talking cause we had to lean towards each other to hear, did I say I loved that car!! But being married at 19 (used it in our wedding)and with a young son a few years later I knew it needed a lot of work to make it the car I wanted including fixing the body (which ment a full strip again and fixing a previous front end repair that was a bit twisted and all the crap work I had done), I didn't have the money, time or will power to follow it through hence the sale.
I've always regretted it and if I had the money I'd hunt it down and buy it back even in the state it was.
Long live 10app

JETTEC03
Spitting Seals

#11 Post by JETTEC03 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:23 am

It's always cool to read about people's cars and where they end up.... I'm not 100%, but based on what you said that the car was now black with red interior, 'MRR100' came to mind - rego'd in QLD and looks to me like it could be your old car. Looking closely at some of the details of the car.. bodywork doesn't seem to have changed much (alignment & gaps etc), front grille shape and so forth. It runs the obligatory 13BT and Simmons, but I personally like the black/red combo (get rid of the side mirrors and different rims though). So yeah, maybe this is the old 10APP? Somebody on here will be able to confirm whether this is it or not, or where it is these days.

*edit: According to the QLD Street Car feature, says the owner is Alan Dodd... which matches up with posts on the forum relating to 10APP. So they may be the same car... :)

10appRod
Registered Rotor User

#12 Post by 10appRod » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Yes that's it I can tell by the interior, it's still the same from when I did it. And the front drivers headlight, grille and bumper don't line up real well, it had a smash before I owned it that hadn't been repaired straight.

-Sprout-
Dr Wankel Himself

#13 Post by -Sprout- » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:36 pm

I remember having a chuckle at the price too. Same with OKR100 and that Green/Blue R100 on OMs that went south ... ahhh if only we knew.

Jambaz 2005

shoggothe
Get a Girlfriend

#14 Post by shoggothe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm

LOVE this pic!

Image[/quote]

RE RX3
The Bug Has Bitten

#15 Post by RE RX3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Looked better in white with hubbies than it does now.

1976 S3 RX-3 SEDAN INJECTED 13B BRIDGEPORT