Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
When you buy a Bridgestone product, you can trust that you have a high quality tyre designed for Australian conditions. We’re committed to staying at the forefront of technology and offer a range of products for every occasion; from performance to rugged off road to fuel efficiency- we’ve got you covered. With Bridgestone, you’re in safe hands. Pay us a visit at http://www.bridgestonetyres.com.au
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Mazda Approved Mechanic
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:50 am
- Has liked: 0
- Been liked: 0
Bridgestone has opened its latest flagship trucking store in Canberra, featuring a host of technology that will minimise the store’s environmental impact and reduce long-term operating costs.
The Bridgestone Service Centre Hume sets a national benchmark for environmental sustainability with features including solar panels, energy-saving lighting, recycled rubber flooring and rainwater harvesting for toilets and garden areas.
“The opening of this facility sets a benchmark for future developments and demonstrates Bridgestone’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and the trucking industry,” Bridgestone Australia and New Zealand Managing Director Andrew Moffatt said.
“No stone has been left unturned in the planning of this store, and the dedicated team working behind the scenes have produced a ground-breaking facility that makes a firm statement about who we are as a company.”
With three B-double drive through bays – the first facility of its kind in the ACT – as well as passenger tyre fitment, Bridgestone Service Centre Hume is a one-stop shop for Canberra customers.
Planning for the store began around a year ago and Bridgestone plans to open similar facilities in both South Australia and Western Australia over the next 12 months.
Full list of site features:
• Solar panel array – including digital display in waiting room showing kWh generation and CO2emission reduction
• Energy saving variable speed air compressor;
• Compressed air ring main for full flow and maximum air pressure at any outlet in the system – increases efficiency and saves energy;
• Energy saving variable speed inverter air conditioning;
• Integrated skylights to maximise natural lighting;
• Energy saving internal and external LED lighting;
• Rainwater harvesting for toilets and garden irrigation system;
• 90% recycled rubber flooring sourced from Bandag and Bridgestone New Zealand retread operations; and Australian made showroom furniture
Find out more about Bridgestone Service Centre Hume here.
Bridgestone Australia - www.bridgestonetyres.com.au/
Bridgestone Australia Facebook - www.facebook.com/BridgestoneAU