NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

Adj Wattslink or Panhard Rod conversion whos making what??

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderators: rotaryrx7white, -==L=a=N=c=E==-

MAZ11V
Epitrochoid Shaped Head
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Adj Wattslink or Panhard Rod conversion whos making what??

#1 Post by MAZ11V » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:54 pm

Hey all would like to upgrade the factory bound up wattslink with either an adjustable Wattslink or use a Panhard Rod conversion, who in Australia is making what?? or am I forced to look overseas like the Techno Toy Tuning one??
https://technotoytuning.com/mazda/fb/pa ... n-safb-rx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend

Re: Adj Wattslink or Panhard Rod conversion whos making what??

#2 Post by WANKfactor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:12 am

I dont know how good that could be being bolt on, these rear ends arnt exactly designed to have a panhard bolted on to them.
The MSF panhard looks good http://www.msfracingcomponents.com.au/m ... omponents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pretty much the same design as Xtreme rotaries used to do.
Member STUIE..? on here bought the patterns off him and was selling the kit a few years ago - i bought one off him. He's not active on here anymore though, BUT, he is mates with ADSY01 (ACBRON Motorsports) so you could try contacting him.

The other thing you can do on the cheap is replace all the nuts on your (edit) existing watts link (edit) with Nylock nuts an washers - grease the pivot points, and do up the nuts loose enough that the linkages move freely. The big Nylocks wont come undone by themselves.
Last edited by WANKfactor on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ suppository of all wisdom ~

MAZ11V
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

#3 Post by MAZ11V » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 pm

WANKfactor wrote:I dont know how good that could be being bolt on, these rear ends arnt exactly designed to have a panhard bolted on to them.
The MSF panhard looks good http://www.msfracingcomponents.com.au/m ... omponents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pretty much the same design as Xtreme rotaries used to do.
Member STUIE..? on here bought the patterns off him and was selling the kit a few years ago - i bought one off him. He's not active on here anymore though, BUT, he is mates with ADSY01 (ACBRON Motorsports) so you could try contacting him.

The other thing you can do on the cheap is replace all the nuts on your panhard with Nylock nuts an washers - grease the pivot points, and do up the nuts loose enough that the linkages move freely. The big Nylocks wont come undone by themselves.
Your right these kits do look good, yeah I have tried contacting Acbron through FB and there website but get no answer, I know he's setting up a new shop so will just have to be patient and see what else is out there in the mean time.

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend

#4 Post by WANKfactor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:51 pm

That $600 MSF bar was the go-to design in IPRA back in the day, everyone was doing something that looked like that, including the Xtreme rotaries/Stuie ones. If you do manage to get one off stuie through adsy I doubt it will be any cheaper, but wait till you hear back from him, who knows.
It is a weld on set up though.

KYPREO
Administrator
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

#5 Post by KYPREO » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Stuie did buy the jig for the panhard rod conversion off Rohan and Adsy has access to it, but you'll have to wait for an answer from him on whether he intends of manufacturing the product. I know he has a heap of products in the works but they are very busy working through a backlog of jobs due to the workshop move.

My Build Log
WTB series 3 RX-7 shifter boot in off black/grey

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend

#6 Post by WANKfactor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Yeah, I wouldnt hold my breath the way he is going, bless his heart. It would be awesome if he did one with poly-bushed ends. There would be a market for it world-wide i would imagine. We should hassle him to do those!

Eeyore

#7 Post by Eeyore » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:16 pm

I've got the MSF panhard bar kit in my series 1. Had to remove the rear exhaust hanger tab on the driver's side rail to fit it. Otherwise seems to be a good thing but I haven't driven the car yet! :roll:

Kurt - Eeyore's Racing
1971 1300 Estate Deluxe
1973 1300 Wagon
1979 RX7

20b
Weekend Cruiser

#8 Post by 20b » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:51 am

Watts link kit from here is ~$900

http://www.raceproducts.net/adjustable- ... s-linkage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And you would actually get it. Whereas with msf you might not be that lucky.