NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

12a/13b engine closing kit ( o-rings + gaskets)

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderators: rotaryrx7white, -==L=a=N=c=E==-

RX7_BEN
Rotor Junkie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

12a/13b engine closing kit ( o-rings + gaskets)

#1 Post by RX7_BEN » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Hey fellas,

I've got an S2 rx7 12a and an rx4 13b to refresh and thought I'd just check what the low down is these days on engine closing kits.

I was just gonna pull the trigger and get them from Xtreme auto parts. I've used them before with great success, but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has the inside track.

Atkins are out for now, too expensive with the shitty exchange rate and shipping.

Any input is appreciated. Cheers guys.

RX7_BEN
Rotor Junkie

Re: 12a/13b engine closing kit ( o-rings + gaskets)

#2 Post by RX7_BEN » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Anybody know who's got good prices on soft seal kits?

Xtreme auto parts prices seem fair, I'll just go with them unless someone has some input.

bumpstart
Uber Post Whore
Been liked: 2 times

#3 Post by bumpstart » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:28 pm

actually i have one from them on the way too// i think the water seal kit may be short on the oil control ring rubbers ( compared to atkins )
though saying that im wondering if atkins have worked out they have left out the filter pedestal O rings , and rx8 rear main seals are shit

when the going is hard, don't retard, remember your lubrication
27 years of rotary DIY
tech forum is for tech questions.. private message box is for private messages
paypal : bumpstart13b@hotmail.com

RX7_BEN
Rotor Junkie

#4 Post by RX7_BEN » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 am

Thanks for the input mate, I hadn't considered the control ring rubbers. None of the soft seal kits I've previously bought have included them.

I'm using the Atkins ones in the 12a and they're only a few thousand kms old so I think I'll reuse them. Atkins love spruiking the feasibility of reusing their viton control ring seals. Although I will be using new control ring casings.