NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

Dashboard Recovering Services

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderators: rotaryrx7white, -==L=a=N=c=E==-

mini.man
Registered Rotor User
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Dashboard Recovering Services

#1 Post by mini.man » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:39 pm

hi all
anyone lately used and been able to get in contact with Ian from dashboard recovering services in mulgrave.
I've had a dash with him for over 4 months for a job that he was meant to have done in 2 weeks! He is impossible to contact and in this whole time ringing a few times every week he has rung back once. When you go out to his workshop i find that he is never there and it is all locked up. i've also tried contacting him through email and its now getting beyond a joke. I can't do anymore on my resto until i get the dash back. Anyone know what i could do? I'm worried he's sold my dash on me!

TO ANYONE THINKING OF USING HIM: Don't, he is nothing but a headache.

Glenbrook21
Registered Rotor User

Re: Dashboard Recovering Services

#2 Post by Glenbrook21 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:42 pm

I have recently collected a dash that was restored at this business. He is slow but after I got a bit upset he did finish my job and it turned out nicely. With school holidays he may have been away. My opinion is that he is actually a decent person and deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Regards
Peter

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend

Re: Dashboard Recovering Services

#3 Post by WANKfactor » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:34 am

I wish you god speed in finding a service that can recover your dashboard from this guy. Sorry, couldnt help it. But yeah, pretty un-workman-like conduct, some people just dont seem to care that you have made plans on the turn-around time they quoted or appreciate how much of a fuck-around that can be. Hopefully he does a top job in the end.

~ suppository of all wisdom ~