NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

Can anyone recommend a paint panel shop within Melbourne?

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderators: rotaryrx7white, -==L=a=N=c=E==-

wil
Weekend Cruiser
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Can anyone recommend a paint panel shop within Melbourne?

#1 Post by wil » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Please, can anyone recommend a half decent panel beater / painter? Getting a little desperate.
Have been screwed around a fair bit with the panel beater who has my car ATM, he has had my car for over 7 months, and done less a weeks worth of work on it after a hefty deposit to guarantee solid dedicated work.
Im not expecting a 100k job, nor do I want someone that is going to spray the thing for $500. I just want someone who is going to do what they say they are going to do, and that is half capable too.
Please, any help would be greatly appreciated....

FC Rotor
Get a Girlfriend

Re: Can anyone recommend a paint panel shop within Melbourne?

#2 Post by FC Rotor » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi mate.. where abouts are you located in Melbourne. Where is your car currently,

There's a couple of allright ones around but expect to pay for it. I can definitely tell you places not to take your car . I got my car back from a panel beater after 6 months waiting to get it in to the panel beaters then 2 and half years later get it back with a lousy job.. so make sure you do your research

wil
Weekend Cruiser

#3 Post by wil » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 am

Hi mate. Car is currently in Hallam. I idealistically want to keep it in the eastern / southeastern suburbs, but if I need to go further than so be it. I expect to pay decent $$$$ for a half decent job. Just want someone to work on it rather than let it sit in their workshop for another six months doing nothing.

SRK13
Boost Me Up

#4 Post by SRK13 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Speak to Rick from Mazbitz he'll tell you how it is and work to your budget

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend

#5 Post by WANKfactor » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Ozgloss in dandenong did mine. Reasonable price, good facilities, did a good job. I had done the prep on the car, but they rubbed it down again and had it painted in within two days of dropping the car off. Only complaint would be the rush-rush attitude- he couldnt wait to get it done then get it out. Wanted me to pick it up the day it came out the oven. Resulted in some slight blemishes in the still-soft paint during packing the various parts and panels for trailoring back to my place. Would've preffered to have left it there a couple more days to cure. But overall, happy with the speed and the result. Very shiny finish straight off the gun. Looks good. But there are plenty of panel shops in dande and hallam, just go visit a few and get prices, see who's keen to do the work.

~ suppository of all wisdom ~

Avenue13
Registered Rotor User

#6 Post by Avenue13 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:35 pm

BUMP

Hey guys I'm looking for a decent panel and paint place in Melbourne. I'm based in the eastern suburbs and need to get some rust cut out, a few tiny dints sorted and a full respray. Basically I don't want it to drag on and was hoping for some reliable recommendations. Any help would be cool.

Cheers