NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

Workshops in Melbourne

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderators: rotaryrx7white, -==L=a=N=c=E==-

Benno
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Workshops in Melbourne

#46 Post by Benno » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 pm

The fatman can certainly build an engine.

Tuning is the key though.

kangaroosa
Mazda Approved Mechanic

#47 Post by kangaroosa » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Has anyone got a recent review on Rank Rotary for Weber Tuning? I used them for my corolla many years back, when they were near Moorabbin airport. They did great work and were reasonably priced.

I dropped in a few months back to get prices and sus them out about tuning my Extend Port S3 12a - Weber.
The boss was not the same guy i dealt with, and the young blokes in the car park bouncing a car off the rev limiter and giggling like little girls didnt really set a good impression.
I thought the pricing of $80/hr labour plus $120/hr Dyno time plus parts was a bit exxy.
The boss said they didnt really do much Weber tuning anymore, which i wasnt really sure how to take.

Is the new setup and crew still good with NA setups or should I keep looking. They would be convenient, but i dont mind travelling to Cranbourne or Dandenong if the guys out there are better.

Western Suburbs etc are not really convenient for me.

UZNPSI

#48 Post by UZNPSI » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:14 pm

kangaroosa wrote:Has anyone got a recent review on Rank Rotary for Weber Tuning? I used them for my corolla many years back, when they were near Moorabbin airport. They did great work and were reasonably priced.

I dropped in a few months back to get prices and sus them out about tuning my Extend Port S3 12a - Weber.
The boss was not the same guy i dealt with, and the young blokes in the car park bouncing a car off the rev limiter and giggling like little girls didnt really set a good impression.
I thought the pricing of $80/hr labour plus $120/hr Dyno time plus parts was a bit exxy.
The boss said they didnt really do much Weber tuning anymore, which i wasnt really sure how to take.

Is the new setup and crew still good with NA setups or should I keep looking. They would be convenient, but i dont mind travelling to Cranbourne or Dandenong if the guys out there are better.

Western Suburbs etc are not really convenient for me.
Pete is the old owner you delt with.....he still tunes aswell pm FATRX3 and ask for hes number. he tunes in seaford!!

UZNPSI TURBO CRAFT
All your turbo needs
Image Image Image Image

kangaroosa
Mazda Approved Mechanic

#49 Post by kangaroosa » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks Mate. This place in seaford wouldnt be MK Automotive would it? I used them once or twice when they were in Moorabbin. I read on this forum that someone uses his dyno's to do their tuning.

UZNPSI

#50 Post by UZNPSI » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 pm

kangaroosa wrote:Thanks Mate. This place in seaford wouldnt be MK Automotive would it? I used them once or twice when they were in Moorabbin. I read on this forum that someone uses his dyno's to do their tuning.
Yes pete DOESNT work for mk, but uses there dyno to tune hes cars.
i think he is still VERY well priced.

UZNPSI TURBO CRAFT
All your turbo needs
Image Image Image Image

BOOSTN7S
Weekend Cruiser

#51 Post by BOOSTN7S » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:26 pm

What's going on with the old Fat man these days, last everyone heard of him he insurance jobbed his wagon and put it in hiding till he got paid out.