Forum announcement - 21 August 2018 - It is with great sadness to learn of the passing of a great of the AusRotary community, Darren Baker aka "Dazz". Since the very beginning, Dazz has been one of the giants of AusRotary, contributing his vast technical and model knowledge, as well as volunteering his time as a moderator. Right up to very recently he continued to provide race reports, results and photos of RX-2s from historic racing meets, even as his health made it very difficult to do so. Should you wish to add you own comments in honour of Dazz, please visit here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=250953

Rebuilt Wiper Switches FC RX7

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderator: rotaryrx7white

Casta
The Bug Has Bitten
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Rebuilt Wiper Switches FC RX7

#1 Post by Casta » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi all, just thought id put up a link for a guy in the states who repairs the common fc rx7 wiper switch problems (he just recently repaired my jdm wiper switch). I had been looking for someone to do this for a while as i wasnt confident in doing it myself. You just send your switch to him and hell get it repaired and sent back. With the current US/AUS Dollar exchange rate, the price works out pretty reasonable to get your switch fully repaired.

Heres his site:

http://www.13betc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Trader Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=166705

13b_etc
Registered Rotor User

Re: Rebuilt Wiper Switches FC RX7

#2 Post by 13b_etc » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks again, Simon!

For anyone else stumbling across this or searching around for a replacement wiper switch:

I have properly rebuilt FC wiper switches for sale, replacing the crummy factory relays with proper sealed units, ensuring longevity and enjoyability from your RX-7. I will guarantee them for life to operate correctly for you and be free from any defects caused by my remanufacturing.

Prices are $80/ea for no-rear-wiper models and convertibles or $95 for rear-wiper models, plus a $40 core charge on coupe models and a $60 core charge for convertible units. The core will be refunded to you via PayPal, cash, or whatever method you like after I receive your old switch. Please PM me or visit http://www.13betc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information or to purchase. I look forward to helping everyone enjoy their RX-7 to the fullest, despite the factory defects!

1988 Mazda RX-7 (#50 CSP)
1987 Mazda RX-7 TII
1986 Chevy RX-7 (>80 CI)
1989 Mazda RX-7 Convertible (LeMons / Field Car)
1986 Chevy RX-7 GXL

2nd Gen 7
Get a Life
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

#3 Post by 2nd Gen 7 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 am

hey mate, the re built switches are they left had side or right ? :)

13b_etc
Registered Rotor User

#4 Post by 13b_etc » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:17 am

All the switches that I currently have in stock are for left-hand drive cars, but I will also rebuild your switch for the same price (RX-7 Wiper Switch Rebuild Service). Am working on getting some RHD switches in stock as well, but until then I offer the service to help out my wonderful Aussie mates!

1988 Mazda RX-7 (#50 CSP)
1987 Mazda RX-7 TII
1986 Chevy RX-7 (>80 CI)
1989 Mazda RX-7 Convertible (LeMons / Field Car)
1986 Chevy RX-7 GXL

the_Red_Comet
Registered Rotor User

#5 Post by the_Red_Comet » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:30 am

I'm chasing relays or rebuild kits for both sides, the wiper & flasher/indicator relays. Does anyone know where to point me?