Forum announcement - 21 August 2018 - It is with great sadness to learn of the passing of a great of the AusRotary community, Darren Baker aka "Dazz". Since the very beginning, Dazz has been one of the giants of AusRotary, contributing his vast technical and model knowledge, as well as volunteering his time as a moderator. Right up to very recently he continued to provide race reports, results and photos of RX-2s from historic racing meets, even as his health made it very difficult to do so. Should you wish to add you own comments in honour of Dazz, please visit here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=250953

Importing Tyres

Tell us about good or bad vendors and products or ask where to find a service or retail seller of a product. Share your experience to help others.

Moderator: rotaryrx7white

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Importing Tyres

#1 Post by WANKfactor » Sun May 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Does anyone have any good channels for importing tyres from the US or elsewhere? Tried tirerack.com, but the help i got was useless and after much back and forth that resembled passive resistance but with a "Sure we can!" attitude shipping ends up being $150 a corner.

Reason i ask is the size i want* is not available here, plus they have other brands (maxxis, BFG) that we dont get either.

*245/40r15.

~ suppository of all wisdom ~

Rx7fb spirit r
Rotary?... What The?
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Importing Tyres

#2 Post by Rx7fb spirit r » Sun May 20, 2018 5:03 pm

The Company is searching the cheapest tracking for you. Tax price for import is your turn.

http://westermann-motorsport.com/index. ... t&info=214

Screenshot_2018-05-20-08-58-14.png

_________*Thomas*

www.voegtchen.de

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Importing Tyres

#3 Post by WANKfactor » Sun May 20, 2018 9:54 pm

^ thanks Thomas. I can get those Avon cr500 tyres locally at about $500 each, which probably works out the same as from your link with shipping but is still too expensive for me lol. I really had my eye on Hankook rs4, Maxxis Vr-1 or BFGoodrich G-force Rival, all of which are less than half the price. If i cant get decent shipping prices I'll just stay with a smaller size.

~ suppository of all wisdom ~