Forum announcement - 2 March 2018 - it has now been a month since AusRotary relaunched and things are going great. In that time, we have had over 800 registered users access the site (on top of tens of thousands of guests), which just goes to demonstrate that this community still means a lot to so many people even if they don't post here regularly. The positive reception and feedback you have given regarding the improved layout and new functionality has been much appreciated. With your help, we have further fine tuned a few things and improved website speed & performance. But we're not done yet, with plans to continue introducing new features to make this place better and better. An example is our new post like system (link) which we encourage you all to use generally (especially if you are a forum lurker!). There are more ideas in the pipeline too, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, the best way to keep this community going is by posting new content and sharing photos/videos/articles/events you come across. If you were going to put it on social media, post it here too - many of our members don't use popular social media platforms whatsoever. Sharing content directly to and from AusRotary is now easy, so don't be shy.

Thanks again for all your loyal support and the great build logs, tech advice and knowledge you contribute.

Original rx4 sunset purple help please

How to bring your beast back from the dead and care for it ever after

Moderators: KillerRx4, orx626

Rotary?... What The?
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Original rx4 sunset purple help please

#1 Post by eatavl1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:25 am

Hi guys, I have an original rx4 series1 in sunset purple, colour code PB,
Car has been off the road and untouched since 1992. Paint is very old/tired but it looks
Brown to me. I want to keep it original as the car is complete. Only thing killing me is
The colour. Has anyone got a picture of an rx4 in that colour that has good paint
I can see? Any suggestions would be great or should I change it to another factory rx4 colour?
Be mindful it's got white interior that's in excellent condition and want to keep it white.

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Original rx4 sunset purple help please

#2 Post by Rota_Motor » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Sorry for a late reply, but I also have sunset purple S1 sedan with white interior. Mine also looks brown rather than purple, but inside door jambs etc. min is definitely a more purple colour, almost marone but more purple.

Please help to keep Ausrotary a good resource, and report any spam or offensive posts with the report button.

Please, dont feed the trolls.

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Original rx4 sunset purple help please

#3 Post by KYPREO » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am

For completeness, question also answered more fully here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=250494

My Build Log
WTB series 3 RX-7 shifter boot in off black/grey