Forum announcement - 21 August 2018 - It is with great sadness to learn of the passing of a great of the AusRotary community, Darren Baker aka "Dazz". Since the very beginning, Dazz has been one of the giants of AusRotary, contributing his vast technical and model knowledge, as well as volunteering his time as a moderator. Right up to very recently he continued to provide race reports, results and photos of RX-2s from historic racing meets, even as his health made it very difficult to do so. Should you wish to add you own comments in honour of Dazz, please visit here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=250953

RX4/929 hardtop NSW/VIC??

Moderator: rotaryrx7white

YES-929
Rotary?... What The?
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

RX4/929 hardtop NSW/VIC??

#1 Post by YES-929 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Wanted: Looking for my old 929 coupe
Extra Info: Last known owner was petrozrx4 in Melb
Contact Details: Post or PM me
Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:

Old pics can be seen at -
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=111379&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Am interested if anyone knows where it is? Who owns it? Maybe if they are keen to sell??

Cheers,
Gavin
:)

aaron_hogan
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

Re: RX4/929 hardtop NSW/VIC??

#2 Post by aaron_hogan » Fri May 20, 2011 3:24 pm

:-({|= This news is going to break your heart. It got wrecked out.

I responded to an ad here for "RX4 parts" a while back (maybe 2 yrs ago?)without knowing much about what was on offer. I turned up to find everything but the shell. And I walked with everything bar the engine/diff/shell. Some of the stuff i bought (ridiculously cheaply I might add) was the whole front end including noltec struts and s6 brake conversion, all perfect panels and bumpers, the hornet scopped bonnet, a mint grille, the complete tan interior including the autometer dash.

The guy (a kiwi) said he sold the shell to a friend who was "gunna rebuild it".

The only comfort I can give you is that the best of any of it (mainly interior) is going into my car. The rest is going onto a fairly decent rolling shell I have in storage.

petrozrx4
Boost Me Up

Re: RX4/929 hardtop NSW/VIC??

#3 Post by petrozrx4 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm

I only just found this post now by accident with search function!

I regret selling that car to that guy. He killed an awesome car!
He didn’t own it for long before he put it up for sale again at a much higher price.
No idea why he decided to strip it.

RX4 Coupe in the Build (10 year pause has resumed)