renesis series 2 rx7.

Any type of technical questions or info

Moderators: orx626, KillerRx4

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

renesis series 2 rx7.

#1 Post by dangleninnes » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Gday all.. im dropping a renesis into my 1st gen rx7. . Can anyone help me with a few questions?
Can I use rx7 cas?
Can I wire a rx8 ecu to run engine alone?
My 13bt microtech LTX 8s isnt sufficent to run it is it?
Can I leave the 12a front reg in place? Does it match the rx8 rear reg? Im sure theres more.. but that will get me started :) thanks in advance.... dan



ANTe8513bt
The Bug Has Bitten
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: brisbane
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#2 Post by ANTe8513bt » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey den! Cheers for the hilux diff setup mate. I picked up a 4.3 center. It will be going in after powerplay. I hope the s3 in it holds up. If it does I'll be selling a s3 lsd good for over 400hp...



User avatar
sonic bronze
Mazda Approved Mechanic
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:03 am
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#3 Post by sonic bronze » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 am

You might find this thread interesting. I did!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=237451&start=0&hilit=rx7+renesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#4 Post by dangleninnes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 pm

ANTe8513bt wrote:Hey den! Cheers for the hilux diff setup mate. I picked up a 4.3 center. It will be going in after powerplay. I hope the s3 in it holds up. If it does I'll be selling a s3 lsd good for over 400hp...
Nice :) I was hoping that turned up.. its a good weld job on it.. but since im not sticking with my series 2 it wasnt worth me having it.. glad its gone to a good home.. send me a pic or 2 later of it all set up.was hangin to see it :) pleasure doing business mate :)



User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#5 Post by dangleninnes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:21 pm

sonic bronze wrote:You might find this thread interesting. I did!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=237451&start=0&hilit=rx7+renesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers. So far ,this car is the only thing close to what I want to do ive found.messaged the member but he hasnt been here since 2012 :( . Pretty much the same conversion..12a front cover..stock 6 port..keeping injected. series 5 box.4.77 diff.. I will have a read. tho I might have read that thread already.. some things look like its gonna be trial and error... bit scary haha.. always looking for info .I might find something yet! :)



User avatar
sonic bronze
Mazda Approved Mechanic
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:03 am
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#6 Post by sonic bronze » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:21 pm

dangleninnes wrote:
sonic bronze wrote:You might find this thread interesting. I did!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=237451&start=0&hilit=rx7+renesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers. So far ,this car is the only thing close to what I want to do ive found.messaged the member but he hasnt been here since 2012 :( . Pretty much the same conversion..12a front cover..stock 6 port..keeping injected. series 5 box.4.77 diff.. I will have a read. tho I might have read that thread already.. some things look like its gonna be trial and error... bit scary haha.. always looking for info .I might find something yet! :)
As far as I can tell there was never a build thread. If your out of luck contacting him here, why not try sending a message to his youtube channel.



User avatar
Retro Racer
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Sydney Inner West
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#7 Post by Retro Racer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 am

sonic bronze wrote:
dangleninnes wrote:
sonic bronze wrote:You might find this thread interesting. I did!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=237451&start=0&hilit=rx7+renesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers. So far ,this car is the only thing close to what I want to do ive found.messaged the member but he hasnt been here since 2012 :( . Pretty much the same conversion..12a front cover..stock 6 port..keeping injected. series 5 box.4.77 diff.. I will have a read. tho I might have read that thread already.. some things look like its gonna be trial and error... bit scary haha.. always looking for info .I might find something yet! :)
As far as I can tell there was never a build thread. If your out of luck contacting him here, why not try sending a message to his youtube channel.
http://www.rx8club.com.au/forum/viewtop ... 736753d227

I think I'm going to do this to my S2 RX7 race car... Hopefully more power than my 13bEP and loads more fun with the extra revs and 6 speed box.

What I'm considering though is to fabricate my own engine mounts so I don't have to change the front cover and have the water pump hassle.

I'm wondering how complex it'd be to get it running like this guy did.
http://youtu.be/-I1fpZrh928



User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#8 Post by dangleninnes » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 pm

sonic bronze wrote:
dangleninnes wrote:
sonic bronze wrote:You might find this thread interesting. I did!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=237451&start=0&hilit=rx7+renesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers. So far ,this car is the only thing close to what I want to do ive found.messaged the member but he hasnt been here since 2012 :( . Pretty much the same conversion..12a front cover..stock 6 port..keeping injected. series 5 box.4.77 diff.. I will have a read. tho I might have read that thread already.. some things look like its gonna be trial and error... bit scary haha.. always looking for info .I might find something yet! :)
As far as I can tell there was never a build thread. If your out of luck contacting him here, why not try sending a message to his youtube channel.
Not a bad idea I might do that cheers! :)



User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#9 Post by dangleninnes » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Retro Racer wrote:http://www.rx8club.com.au/forum/viewtop ... 736753d227
I think I'm going to do this to my S2 RX7 race car... Hopefully more power than my 13bEP and loads more fun with the extra revs and 6 speed box.
What I'm considering though is to fabricate my own engine mounts so I don't have to change the front cover and have the water pump hassle.
I'm wondering how complex it'd be to get it running like this guy did.
http://youtu.be/-I1fpZrh928


Nice ..glad to see a few more pop up.. I honestly had no dramas with converting the front to 12a.. modified a 12a sump with only 2 cuts (13b would have been even easier) and used a 12a water pump.. cant see any issue so far..only one bolt hole is mis aligned..but could easily fab a bracket.. im not too worried about it. . Keep me posted! Cheers..dan



User avatar
Retro Racer
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Sydney Inner West
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#10 Post by Retro Racer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:30 am

dangleninnes wrote:
Nice ..glad to see a few more pop up.. I honestly had no dramas with converting the front to 12a.. modified a 12a sump with only 2 cuts (13b would have been even easier) and used a 12a water pump.. cant see any issue so far..only one bolt hole is mis aligned..but could easily fab a bracket.. im not too worried about it. . Keep me posted! Cheers..dan
Hey Dan,
Thanks for the input :)
Well, it certainly sounds easier to go with the 12a front cover... I have a spare 13b GSE LE sump.

From my perspective being a gutted race car it might be easier to use a whole half cut and RX8 dash provided a can get it all to play nice lol.

From a road car perspective I'd suggest getting it done as per the white S1 (was that your car?)

Roland



User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#11 Post by dangleninnes » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Retro Racer wrote:
dangleninnes wrote:
Nice ..glad to see a few more pop up.. I honestly had no dramas with converting the front to 12a.. modified a 12a sump with only 2 cuts (13b would have been even easier) and used a 12a water pump.. cant see any issue so far..only one bolt hole is mis aligned..but could easily fab a bracket.. im not too worried about it. . Keep me posted! Cheers..dan
Hey Dan,
Thanks for the input :)
Well, it certainly sounds easier to go with the 12a front cover... I have a spare 13b GSE LE sump.

From my perspective being a gutted race car it might be easier to use a whole half cut and RX8 dash provided a can get it all to play nice lol.

From a road car perspective I'd suggest getting it done as per the white S1 (was that your car?)

Roland
No wasnt my white one..thats the holy grail atm haha.. well done car.. ok the issue might be..including all the dash bla bla is fine. .but the flybywire throttle is a drama..cable is about the only way I think.. if it means micro or mo tec so be it.. its the staged opening primary sleeves and ports im nervous about. .all I have is a cog on my inlet..all that needs to be right to get the benifits..hectic! U got email add. Il send u pics so far..dan



User avatar
Retro Racer
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Sydney Inner West
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#12 Post by Retro Racer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 pm

dangleninnes wrote:
Retro Racer wrote:
dangleninnes wrote:
Nice ..glad to see a few more pop up.. I honestly had no dramas with converting the front to 12a.. modified a 12a sump with only 2 cuts (13b would have been even easier) and used a 12a water pump.. cant see any issue so far..only one bolt hole is mis aligned..but could easily fab a bracket.. im not too worried about it. . Keep me posted! Cheers..dan
Hey Dan,
Thanks for the input :)
Well, it certainly sounds easier to go with the 12a front cover... I have a spare 13b GSE LE sump.

From my perspective being a gutted race car it might be easier to use a whole half cut and RX8 dash provided a can get it all to play nice lol.

From a road car perspective I'd suggest getting it done as per the white S1 (was that your car?)


Roland
No wasnt my white one..thats the holy grail atm haha.. well done car.. ok the issue might be..including all the dash bla bla is fine. .but the flybywire throttle is a drama..cable is about the only way I think.. if it means micro or mo tec so be it.. its the staged opening primary sleeves and ports im nervous about. .all I have is a cog on my inlet..all that needs to be right to get the benifits..hectic! U got email add. Il send u pics so far..dan

Hey Dan, looking forward to the pics.
I'm on a tight budget, so that's why I'm thinking of trying to use a half cut and RX8 ECU and dash. Plus I think the dash looks cool hahaha.



User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#13 Post by dangleninnes » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:35 am

Retro Racer wrote: Hey Dan, looking forward to the pics.
I'm on a tight budget, so that's why I'm thinking of trying to use a half cut and RX8 ECU and dash. Plus I think the dash looks cool hahaha.
Sent a few.. im hunting an rx8 computer if anyones wrecking one. That might get me goin :)



User avatar
dangleninnes
Spitting Seals
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#14 Post by dangleninnes » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:53 am

Image



User avatar
Retro Racer
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Sydney Inner West
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: renesis series 2 rx7.

#15 Post by Retro Racer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Looks like you're making progress.

From what I've read, the RX8 ECU won't let the engine start without a RX8 dash :shock:



Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post