NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

AIR FUEL RATIO NUMBERS

Any type of technical questions or info

Moderators: KillerRx4, orx626

rotor_speed
Rotary?... What The?
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

AIR FUEL RATIO NUMBERS

#1 Post by rotor_speed » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:30 pm

hiya
I have a 13b bridgeport 4 port, weber 51 mm carb, electronic ignition.
new rebuilt engine I have done so far 500 km and just hooked up a innovative motor sports air fuel gauge with 98 bp fuel and 80:1 oil fuel ratio with locked distributor.
primary 2" headers are approx. 120" long

the rough spec numbers I have got are,

idle 10-11
cruise 10.6
w.o.t 11-12

so this means running rich then ?
what are ideal numbers ?
any info pls
thank you

rotor_speed
Rotary?... What The?

Re: AIR FUEL RATIO NUMBERS

#2 Post by rotor_speed » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 am

Racing beat u.s.a recommend the following 13b bridgeport,

45 venturi chokes
235 main fuel jet
165 air corrector jet
f11 emoltion tubes
300 needle valve

your thoughts on this pls ?

2nd Gen 7
Get a Life

#3 Post by 2nd Gen 7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 pm

really I know sweet Fuck all about this and still learning. But this is the AFR's ive collected from a few people that know more than me.

https://www.rx7club.com/haltech-forum-6 ... n-1114717/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yours sounds quite rich at idle and cruising

bumpstart
Uber Post Whore
Been liked: 2 times

#4 Post by bumpstart » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:22 pm

it is running between 11 and 12 :1 at WOT and this indicates the main circuit jetting is on the safe side of perfect and if you was to chase the idle or cruise there is every chance you may push this out
also . bridgeports can give misleading AFR at low revs or part throttles due to overlap drawing a significant amount of unburned mixture straight from the inlet

this may make them indicate at part throttles, leaner than they actually are . i tend to trust only the WOT numbers

idle wise. you can play the idle jet from 70 down to 65 or 60 / usually the f10 is a 120 holder and it is left unmolested
adjust the screws for balance. adjust for strongest idle vacuum .. lock the dizzy and adjust it to suit best power at 6K

cruise wise . running on the progression it may require the 3 hole mod and you can play where the main circuit starts to draw by adjusting the air jet// bigger air jet means earlier overlap of the main onto the progression circuit

as such . i would try one lesser on idle jet . i would try a bit smaller on air jet . i would leave the 45/ 235 on F11 right there

when the going is hard, don't retard, remember your lubrication
27 years of rotary DIY
tech forum is for tech questions.. private message box is for private messages
paypal : bumpstart13b@hotmail.com

rotor_speed
Rotary?... What The?

#5 Post by rotor_speed » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:03 pm

thanks for the great info help bumpstart cheers :)