NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more


Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

List of hosting sites

All car-related multimedia topics belong here. If you wish to post or request car-related pictures, videos, links, signatures or photochops, this is the place.

Moderators: wotmazda, 7rex, KILLA 13B, matty

Message
Author
User avatar
Archetype
Epitrochoid Shaped Head
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:43 am
Location: New Zealand
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#16 Post by Archetype » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:19 pm

Photomax (http://www.photomax.com) gives you your own free website to host up to 5 GB of images.

You need an existing member's email address (like Gmail in the early days), so here's mine:
brentshaw@myphotomax.com

Cheers,

Brent.



User avatar
Glockster
The Bug Has Bitten
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 pm
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#17 Post by Glockster » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:56 pm

zippy videos is nowhere, waited 15 mins for 9mb upload
only to be told that it didnt work.



User avatar
oldmaz
Spitting Seals
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#18 Post by oldmaz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:19 am

Archetype wrote:Photomax (http://www.photomax.com) gives you your own free website to host up to 5 GB of images.

You need an existing member's email address (like Gmail in the early days), so here's mine:
brentshaw@myphotomax.com

Cheers,

Brent.
I have joined this site but am unable to put pics up on Ausrotary is there a tick or is there a better site besides image shack?



User avatar
oldmaz
Spitting Seals
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#19 Post by oldmaz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:20 am

oldmaz wrote:
Archetype wrote:Photomax (http://www.photomax.com) gives you your own free website to host up to 5 GB of images.

You need an existing member's email address (like Gmail in the early days), so here's mine:
brentshaw@myphotomax.com

Cheers,

Brent.
I have joined this site but am unable to put pics up on Ausrotary is there a trick or is there a better site besides image shack?



User avatar
Sn@Ke
Mazda Approved Mechanic
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

#20 Post by Sn@Ke » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:49 pm

http://www.rotarygarage.com

I'm happy to uncap Ausrotary members to unlimited accounts. Hit me up :D

ps, it owns the others :P lol


Rotary Image Hosting
Image hosting for people who don't like red [X]'s. Upload and post your images in seconds.
DRVE - Social Network for Car Enthusiasts

User avatar
circle_w3rk
Post Whore
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:25 am
Location: Nukecastle
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#21 Post by circle_w3rk » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Sn@Ke wrote:www.rotarygarage.com

I'm happy to uncap Ausrotary members to unlimited accounts. Hit me up :D

ps, it owns the others :P lol
I'll be there next time I need to upload.
Thank mate. 8)



bzchi
Registered Rotor User
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: List of hosting sites

#22 Post by bzchi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:09 pm




User avatar
1980rx-7
Dr Wankel Himself
Posts: 6937
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:56 pm
Location: "we're on a bridge Charlie"
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: List of hosting sites

#23 Post by 1980rx-7 » Fri May 09, 2008 9:46 am

Rotary Garage FTW


http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_osley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

User avatar
RestoreMaz
Dr Wankel Himself
Posts: 6299
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:11 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: List of hosting sites

#24 Post by RestoreMaz » Fri May 30, 2008 1:09 am

why do people recomend image shack?

i finaly tried it, even though i have my own webspace, and its totaly f%$@in crap.

pics take forever to download, some pics dont show up....

i dont have enough room on my webspace for the amount of pics im uploading all the time, and was told i realy should use image shack, but its absolute shit......
is there any other reliable options?



User avatar
circle_w3rk
Post Whore
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:25 am
Location: Nukecastle
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: List of hosting sites

#25 Post by circle_w3rk » Fri May 30, 2008 10:00 pm

RestoreMaz wrote:why do people recomend image shack?

i finaly tried it, even though i have my own webspace, and its totaly f%$@in crap.

pics take forever to download, some pics dont show up....

i dont have enough room on my webspace for the amount of pics im uploading all the time, and was told i realy should use image shack, but its absolute shit......
is there any other reliable options?
Word for word x 2



User avatar
Sn@Ke
Mazda Approved Mechanic
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: List of hosting sites

#26 Post by Sn@Ke » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:34 pm

RestoreMaz wrote:why do people recomend image shack?

i finaly tried it, even though i have my own webspace, and its totaly f%$@in crap.

pics take forever to download, some pics dont show up....

i dont have enough room on my webspace for the amount of pics im uploading all the time, and was told i realy should use image shack, but its absolute shit......
is there any other reliable options?
www.rotarygarage.com

Give it a test, I would really like to know what you think. I too had similar bs with other hosts. Would really like for you to give the site feedback (its kinda small web project I did a year back) the server is high bandwidth and very reliable.


Rotary Image Hosting
Image hosting for people who don't like red [X]'s. Upload and post your images in seconds.
DRVE - Social Network for Car Enthusiasts

User avatar
matty
Moderator
Posts: 5793
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:44 pm
Location: COLD in Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: List of hosting sites

#27 Post by matty » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:38 pm

http://www.braptv.com - Mazda Rotary Videos Online (upload and share your own)



User avatar
circle_w3rk
Post Whore
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:25 am
Location: Nukecastle
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: List of hosting sites

#28 Post by circle_w3rk » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:44 am

Sn@Ke wrote:
RestoreMaz wrote:why do people recomend image shack?

i finaly tried it, even though i have my own webspace, and its totaly f%$@in crap.

pics take forever to download, some pics dont show up....

i dont have enough room on my webspace for the amount of pics im uploading all the time, and was told i realy should use image shack, but its absolute shit......
is there any other reliable options?
http://www.rotarygarage.com

Give it a test, I would really like to know what you think. I too had similar bs with other hosts. Would really like for you to give the site feedback (its kinda small web project I did a year back) the server is high bandwidth and very reliable.
Trying to upload a PDF to rotarygarage but the file type is blocked.
It's a copy of the RX4 Workshop Manual, so it's on topic.
75MB of rotary goodness.
This will be the third time I have uploaded it somewhere to share with the rotor world.
Last two servers have both gone 404.



User avatar
Sn@Ke
Mazda Approved Mechanic
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: List of hosting sites

#29 Post by Sn@Ke » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:13 pm

circle_w3rk wrote:
Sn@Ke wrote:
RestoreMaz wrote:why do people recomend image shack?

i finaly tried it, even though i have my own webspace, and its totaly f%$@in crap.

pics take forever to download, some pics dont show up....

i dont have enough room on my webspace for the amount of pics im uploading all the time, and was told i realy should use image shack, but its absolute shit......
is there any other reliable options?
http://www.rotarygarage.com

Give it a test, I would really like to know what you think. I too had similar bs with other hosts. Would really like for you to give the site feedback (its kinda small web project I did a year back) the server is high bandwidth and very reliable.
Trying to upload a PDF to rotarygarage but the file type is blocked.
It's a copy of the RX4 Workshop Manual, so it's on topic.
75MB of rotary goodness.
This will be the third time I have uploaded it somewhere to share with the rotor world.
Last two servers have both gone 404.
Hit me up in PM and I'll give you ftp access

edit: anyone else with larger stuff, same deal.. hit me up, happy to help rota fans :)


Rotary Image Hosting
Image hosting for people who don't like red [X]'s. Upload and post your images in seconds.
DRVE - Social Network for Car Enthusiasts

User avatar
DATSLO
Get a Life
Posts: 3582
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: Major Payne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: List of hosting sites

#30 Post by DATSLO » Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 am

:P



Post Reply