NEW FEATURE: Post Like system!!!

At long last, we have successfully implemented a comprehensive post rating/like system. With casual readers and visitors vastly outnumbering frequent posters, it is not always apparent to users that others are reading, enjoying and grateful for their posts. If you are too shy to post and want to express your thanks, now you can!

Liking a post is easy - click this thumbs up in the top right hand corner of the post: Image

Can I encourage everyone to use this new feature enthusiastically and liberally and be sure to go back to your favourite old topics and like old posts. This will help build up useful user 'like' profiles and give credit to the users who has provided so much value to this community. This in turn helps guests and newcomers sort useful answers and posters from others.

This goes to regular forum lurkers especially - please show your appreciation with a 'like'!

Featuring:
  • Liked post counters in every user profile (given & received)
  • Liked post leaderboard accessible from the index and Quick Links Menu
  • Receive notifications when your post is liked, configurable from the User Control Panel (in forum notification and/or email notifications available or off)
  • You can remove a like if you made a mistake by clicking the undo button where the thumbs up used to sit (but the user will be notified)
  • Plus more

Read the announcement and post any queries, comments or suggestions HERE

Once read, this announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

Best of AusRotary: Glenn's Series 3 RX-7 musem piece

Topics specific to rotary engines, cars and car-related issues.
eg: automotive news, concepts, car shows, etc.

Moderators: wotmazda, 7rex, KILLA 13B, matty

12abp
Weekend Cruiser
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Best of AusRotary: Glenn's Series 3 RX-7 musem piece

#31 Post by 12abp » Mon May 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Very nice, looks like a very original car.

HDT143
Rotary?... What The?

#32 Post by HDT143 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:34 pm

12abp wrote:Very nice, looks like a very original car.
it is mate I'm so wrapped that I got it

coreyportelli
Weekend Cruiser

#33 Post by coreyportelli » Thu May 19, 2016 8:11 pm

That's the best one Ive seen

RXPRES
Get a Life

#34 Post by RXPRES » Sat May 21, 2016 9:33 am

What makes you do this? I think it'd be hard to profit when you sell the car at the end, or is it more about the personal satisfaction of doing?

If you could buy an original r100 for $40k you could do the same thing and probably sell for close to $100k!!!

HDT143
Rotary?... What The?

#35 Post by HDT143 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 pm

RXPRES wrote:What makes you do this? I think it'd be hard to profit when you sell the car at the end, or is it more about the personal satisfaction of doing?

If you could buy an original r100 for $40k you could do the same thing and probably sell for close to $100k!!!
cause I like rx7s

rotary lover
Get a Life

#36 Post by rotary lover » Tue May 24, 2016 5:51 pm

surprisingly Mazda still have nos panels

troublesome_7
Get a Girlfriend

#37 Post by troublesome_7 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Gee's there getting harder to find, especially in red ;)

Should be nothing less of the first project from restorer.

Well in, will be following also.

WANKfactor
Get a Girlfriend

#38 Post by WANKfactor » Wed May 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Yeah i can respect that he's done this to basically a worthless, yet charming car. There is more to life than profit margins.

~ suppository of all wisdom ~

rotorhead15
Post Whore

#39 Post by rotorhead15 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Wow sold for 19k back then, would be worth an absolute mint now

coreyportelli
Weekend Cruiser

#40 Post by coreyportelli » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 pm

KYPREO wrote:Might I also add that you don't need NOS parts in most instances. Many many things can be restored to factory or better than factory condition. For example, it is amazing what they can do with interior plastics these days. I am getting a whole bunch of faded, cracked and warped stuff repaired, refinished and recoloured with surprisingly cheap. If you can restore a RX-3 to the level say gypsy has done or an R100 like shoggothe or others have done, then you can most definitely restore a 1st gen RX-7. I've seen a good 5-6 great low km examples for sale this year which would require little work by way of restoration.

On that note, Glenn I remember Attila mentioning you got stuff retrimmed on your old red one using the original checkered fabric. Is this true? if so, how did you go about sourcing it?
About those plastic parts, my windscreen and hatch pillar plastics are perished, can these be repaired, if so we're can I get this done.

KYPREO
Administrator
Has liked: 10 times

#41 Post by KYPREO » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:20 am

coreyportelli wrote:About those plastic parts, my windscreen and hatch pillar plastics are perished, can these be repaired, if so we're can I get this done.
The best bet is find good second hand ones. If they're in the wrong colour they can usually be resprayed and colour matched to original (provided the shade is not too far off, black to brown is ok). These parts are still around if you look widely and are patient (don't rule out UK or US, noting LHD and RHD differences. US large hatch pieces are different ).

Depending on how deterioted the trim pieces are, they CAN be restored. That's what I'm doing with my hatch pieces. They can unwarp, fill in scratches, glue up cracks and recolour faded parts. Check out these guys: http://newliferepairs.com.au/products/plastic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Build Log
WTB series 3 RX-7 shifter boot in off black/grey