All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:52 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
How long does it take for the RTA to respond? Has anyone experienced been through this?

I handed in the exemption form last Friday.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 pm 
Offline
Get a Girlfriend

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 pm
Posts: 2222
Location: melbourne south east peninsula
so you requested an exemption to drive a supercharged car on your p's?
reason?
link to info on how you can do it?

_________________
Home loans @ 6.65%!!! i dont charge any fees!
My S3 rx7 Project
Parts For Sale
Peninsula Rotary Days


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:23 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
Rotorous wrote:
so you requested an exemption to drive a supercharged car on your p's?
reason?
link to info on how you can do it?

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/publicationss ... 071143.pdf

I applied to drive a Mercedes C 180 K, a car referred to as "moderately powered" which is eligible for exemption.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm 
Offline
Get a Life

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:26 pm
Posts: 3103
Rotorous wrote:
so you requested an exemption to drive a supercharged car on your p's?
reason?
link to info on how you can do it?

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/get ... tions.html

An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:

A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer.
The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.
Note: NSW provisional licences issued prior to 11 July 2005 were not conditioned. However, the condition will be applied if the provisional driver is disqualified for an offence committed on or after 11 July 2005. In these instances, the provisional holder may be granted an exemption if they can prove direct ownership of their current vehicle at the time of the offence that led to the disqualification.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/dow ... n_dl1.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 pm 
Offline
Get a Girlfriend

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 pm
Posts: 2222
Location: melbourne south east peninsula
so the reason is?
i want a car with a supercharger for no reason what so ever because i do not have a job & my parents are rich / i earn too much money and a Mercedes C 180 K cannot be used for 4wd use & i will not need a supercharger to tow a trailer

please issue me an exemption
thanks

lol nice 2nd post mate try to keep it on about rotaries

_________________
Home loans @ 6.65%!!! i dont charge any fees!
My S3 rx7 Project
Parts For Sale
Peninsula Rotary Days


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:43 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
Rotorous wrote:
so the reason is?
i want a car with a supercharger for no reason what so ever because i do not have a job & my parents are rich / i earn too much money and a Mercedes C 180 K cannot be used for 4wd use & i will not need a supercharger to tow a trailer

please issue me an exemption
thanks

lol nice 2nd post mate try to keep it on about rotaries

That gave me an erection


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:59 pm 
Offline
Boost Me Up

Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:20 pm
Posts: 669
Location: Sydney
Rotorous wrote:
so the reason is?
i want a car with a supercharger for no reason what so ever because i do not have a job & my parents are rich / i earn too much money and a Mercedes C 180 K cannot be used for 4wd use & i will not need a supercharger to tow a trailer

please issue me an exemption
thanks

lol nice 2nd post mate try to keep it on about rotaries


Seriously dude your an idiot, keep it about rotaries??? (general discussion- Rotaries and CARS!!!!) thats the topic i made sure i typed cars in capitals for you. The guy has a genuine qn and actually if i was a p plater i would be interested in a loop hole to drive a car that i wanted to drive regardless of the power. Hate people that are so narrow minded and so what if he's parents are rich? Honestly people like you kill this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:08 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
SERIS-8 wrote:
Rotorous wrote:
so the reason is?
i want a car with a supercharger for no reason what so ever because i do not have a job & my parents are rich / i earn too much money and a Mercedes C 180 K cannot be used for 4wd use & i will not need a supercharger to tow a trailer

please issue me an exemption
thanks

lol nice 2nd post mate try to keep it on about rotaries


Seriously dude your an idiot, keep it about rotaries??? (general discussion- Rotaries and CARS!!!!) thats the topic i made sure i typed cars in capitals for you. The guy has a genuine qn and actually if i was a p plater i would be interested in a loop hole to drive a car that i wanted to drive regardless of the power. Hate people that are so narrow minded and so what if he's parents are rich? Honestly people like you kill this site.

:)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:12 pm 
Offline
The Bug Has Bitten
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:01 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Sydney
all ready know what the rta will say and its not looking good

"Not deemed pratical, if You can aford to get a Mercedes C 180 K can aford a p plate legal car blah blah blah." happens all the time.

all the best with it though. most p platers still drive the kompressers and Voltswagen TSI, most cops realise that its not a sports car but only turbo and supercharged for fuel economy. But saying that u will get the prick cop everyonce and while.

_________________
Mazda 808 12abp for sale - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=212968


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:21 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
dimik252 wrote:
all ready know what the rta will say and its not looking good

"Not deemed pratical, if You can aford to get a Mercedes C 180 K can aford a p plate legal car blah blah blah." happens all the time.

all the best with it though. most p platers still drive the kompressers and Voltswagen TSI, most cops realise that its not a sports car but only turbo and supercharged for fuel economy. But saying that u will get the prick cop everyonce and while.

Its a "moderately supercharged" vehicle, and its classified as exempt? I heard it means that the RTA is saying u can drive the thing, but u need to pay the application fee and get the exemption anyway.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 pm 
Offline
The Bug Has Bitten
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:01 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Sydney
Chromatic wrote:
dimik252 wrote:
all ready know what the rta will say and its not looking good

"Not deemed pratical, if You can aford to get a Mercedes C 180 K can aford a p plate legal car blah blah blah." happens all the time.

all the best with it though. most p platers still drive the kompressers and Voltswagen TSI, most cops realise that its not a sports car but only turbo and supercharged for fuel economy. But saying that u will get the prick cop everyonce and while.

Its a "moderately supercharged" vehicle, and its classified as exempt? I heard it means that the RTA is saying u can drive the thing, but u need to pay the application fee and get the exemption anyway.



Maybe im no expert. See how you go. presonally i dont know why they would say no but u then again it is the rta lol

i had a friend apply to get a v8 shara exempted and the rta said get another afforable p plater legal car.

_________________
Mazda 808 12abp for sale - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=212968


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:31 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
dimik252 wrote:
Chromatic wrote:
dimik252 wrote:
all ready know what the rta will say and its not looking good

"Not deemed pratical, if You can aford to get a Mercedes C 180 K can aford a p plate legal car blah blah blah." happens all the time.

all the best with it though. most p platers still drive the kompressers and Voltswagen TSI, most cops realise that its not a sports car but only turbo and supercharged for fuel economy. But saying that u will get the prick cop everyonce and while.

Its a "moderately supercharged" vehicle, and its classified as exempt? I heard it means that the RTA is saying u can drive the thing, but u need to pay the application fee and get the exemption anyway.



Maybe im no expert. See how you go. presonally i dont know why they would say no but u then again it is the rta lol

i had a friend apply to get a v8 shara exempted and the rta said get another afforable p plater legal car.

LOL mate, well yeah, thats a V8 car :D

Mine is a 4 cylinder 1.8 l supercharged, and its classified as EXEMPT:

An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:

* A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
* Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
* You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer.
* The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.

Note: NSW provisional licences issued prior to 11 July 2005 were not conditioned. However, the condition will be applied if the provisional driver is disqualified for an offence committed on or after 11 July 2005. In these instances, the provisional holder may be granted an exemption if they can prove direct ownership of their current vehicle at the time of the offence that led to the disqualification.

Examples of moderate performance turbo/supercharged vehicles that are eligible for exemption include:

* Audi 1390cc A3
* Audi 1798cc A3 and A4
* Audi 1984cc Q5
* Citroen 1598cc C4 1.6L
* Fiat 1368cc, Punto and Rimto
* Mercedes-Benz 1796cc CLK200K, E200K, C200, CLC200, C230 and SLK 200K
* Peugeot 1598cc 308 Series 1.6T XSE
* Saab 1988cc 9-3 Linear, and Vector
* Skoda 1798cc Superb 1.8 TFSI and Octavia 1.8 TFSI
* Volkswagen 1390cc Golf 90TSI and Golf 118TSI
* Volkswagen 1984cc Tiguan 125TSI and Passat 147TSI

Note, for enforcement purposes provisional drivers must carry an exemption letter from the RTA to drive these vehicles.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:32 pm 
Offline
Uber Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:25 pm
Posts: 10178
Location: Wollongong
just because its on the exemption list doesnt mean just apply and they will let you drive it.
then every dickhead would go buy one of those cars, you need a valid and plausible reason.

thast my view on the rule anyway, i could be wrong

_________________
Maztrix wrote:
Just think of someone else's penis emptying inside your girlfriend and if that doesn't stop you from cheating then hurt that new vag like its gonna be your last.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
dennez wrote:
just because its on the exemption list doesnt mean just apply and they will let you drive it.
then every dickhead would go buy one of those cars, you need a valid and plausible reason.

thast my view on the rule anyway, i could be wrong

I said its for educational/study reasons in my final year at school. SERIOUSLY, im not worried about whether ill get it or not because im sure i will, I just want to know when I find out (sorry if that sounds arrogant)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:36 pm 
Offline
Uber Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:25 pm
Posts: 10178
Location: Wollongong
if i was the rta, i would tell you to catch the school bus like normal kids.
but im not the rta :lol:

_________________
Maztrix wrote:
Just think of someone else's penis emptying inside your girlfriend and if that doesn't stop you from cheating then hurt that new vag like its gonna be your last.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:36 pm 
Offline
The Bug Has Bitten
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:01 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Sydney
yeah but its a 2 tonne 4wd family car mate.

should be good then, just another way for the rta to collect a fee i guess.

post up how it goes

_________________
Mazda 808 12abp for sale - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=212968


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
dimik252 wrote:
yeah but its a 2 tonne 4wd family car mate.

should be good then, just another way for the rta to collect a fee i guess.

post up how it goes

But a V8 :( Thats like driving a turbo car because the engine is so powerful.

And Will do :)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:25 pm 
Offline
Boost Me Up

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:45 pm
Posts: 554
Location: New Zealand
How much effort would be required to change the pullies and up the boost/horsepower?
Hmmm, F ALL

_________________
2 mad wrote:
Surely you would get halfway through and think... this is a bad idea!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:28 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 17
peril 787b wrote:
How much effort would be required to change the pullies and up the boost/horsepower?
Hmmm, F ALL

Not everyone is a car-freak... in fact... how much effort would it take to remove the "kompressor" badge? Not much ey?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 pm 
Offline
Uber Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:25 pm
Posts: 10178
Location: Wollongong
yeh it would be pretty easy to remove the badge. whats your point?

_________________
Maztrix wrote:
Just think of someone else's penis emptying inside your girlfriend and if that doesn't stop you from cheating then hurt that new vag like its gonna be your last.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group