all ready know what the rta will say and its not looking good
"Not deemed pratical, if You can aford to get a Mercedes C 180 K can aford a p plate legal car blah blah blah." happens all the time.
all the best with it though. most p platers still drive the kompressers and Voltswagen TSI, most cops realise that its not a sports car but only turbo and supercharged for fuel economy. But saying that u will get the prick cop everyonce and while.
Its a "moderately supercharged" vehicle, and its classified as exempt? I heard it means that the RTA is saying u can drive the thing, but u need to pay the application fee and get the exemption anyway.
Maybe im no expert. See how you go. presonally i dont know why they would say no but u then again it is the rta lol
i had a friend apply to get a v8 shara exempted and the rta said get another afforable p plater legal car.
LOL mate, well yeah, thats a V8 car
Mine is a 4 cylinder 1.8 l supercharged, and its classified as EXEMPT:
An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:
* A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
* Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
* You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer. * The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.
Note: NSW provisional licences issued prior to 11 July 2005 were not conditioned. However, the condition will be applied if the provisional driver is disqualified for an offence committed on or after 11 July 2005. In these instances, the provisional holder may be granted an exemption if they can prove direct ownership of their current vehicle at the time of the offence that led to the disqualification.
Examples of moderate performance turbo/supercharged vehicles that are eligible for exemption include:
* Audi 1390cc A3
* Audi 1798cc A3 and A4
* Audi 1984cc Q5
* Citroen 1598cc C4 1.6L
* Fiat 1368cc, Punto and Rimto * Mercedes-Benz 1796cc CLK200K, E200K, C200, CLC200, C230 and SLK 200K
* Peugeot 1598cc 308 Series 1.6T XSE
* Saab 1988cc 9-3 Linear, and Vector
* Skoda 1798cc Superb 1.8 TFSI and Octavia 1.8 TFSI
* Volkswagen 1390cc Golf 90TSI and Golf 118TSI
* Volkswagen 1984cc Tiguan 125TSI and Passat 147TSI
Note, for enforcement purposes provisional drivers must carry an exemption letter from the RTA to drive these vehicles.