Forum announcement - 13 April 2018 - some images on the forum are hosted by a service called PostImage. PostImage had their primary domain name suspended so any links to images hosted on that server are temporarily unavailable. The good news is that images are still available on the Internet, but instead of being hosted at postimg.org, they are at postimg.cc. We can probably fix this at our end by automatically amending all PostImage URLs in the database to point to the location, but I'm hoping PostImage will sort this out themselves. In the meantime, you can view the images by manually changing the URLs from postimg.org to postimg.cc. Thanks!

Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's

Topics specific to rotary engines, cars and car-related issues.
eg: automotive news, concepts, car shows, etc.

Moderators: KILLA 13B, wotmazda, 7rex

Chromatic
Registered Rotor User
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's

#1 Post by Chromatic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:52 pm

How long does it take for the RTA to respond? Has anyone experienced been through this?

I handed in the exemption form last Friday.

Rotorous
Get a Girlfriend

Re: Exemption for Supercharged vehicle P's

#2 Post by Rotorous » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 pm

so you requested an exemption to drive a supercharged car on your p's?
reason?
link to info on how you can do it?

Chromatic
Registered Rotor User

#3 Post by Chromatic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Rotorous wrote:so you requested an exemption to drive a supercharged car on your p's?
reason?
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/publicationss ... 071143.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I applied to drive a Mercedes C 180 K, a car referred to as "moderately powered" which is eligible for exemption.

Buzz Bros.
Get a Life

#4 Post by Buzz Bros. » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Rotorous wrote:so you requested an exemption to drive a supercharged car on your p's?
reason?
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/get ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:

A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer.
The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.
Note: NSW provisional licences issued prior to 11 July 2005 were not conditioned. However, the condition will be applied if the provisional driver is disqualified for an offence committed on or after 11 July 2005. In these instances, the provisional holder may be granted an exemption if they can prove direct ownership of their current vehicle at the time of the offence that led to the disqualification.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/dow ... n_dl1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rotorous
Get a Girlfriend

#5 Post by Rotorous » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:33 pm

so the reason is?
i want a car with a supercharger for no reason what so ever because i do not have a job & my parents are rich / i earn too much money and a Mercedes C 180 K cannot be used for 4wd use & i will not need a supercharger to tow a trailer

please issue me an exemption
thanks

lol nice 2nd post mate try to keep it on about rotaries

Chromatic
Registered Rotor User

#6 Post by Chromatic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Rotorous wrote:so the reason is?
i want a car with a supercharger for no reason what so ever because i do not have a job & my parents are rich / i earn too much money and a Mercedes C 180 K cannot be used for 4wd use & i will not need a supercharger to tow a trailer

thanks

That gave me an erection

SERIS-8
Boost Me Up

#7 Post by SERIS-8 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:59 pm

thanks

Seriously dude your an idiot, keep it about rotaries??? (general discussion- Rotaries and CARS!!!!) thats the topic i made sure i typed cars in capitals for you. The guy has a genuine qn and actually if i was a p plater i would be interested in a loop hole to drive a car that i wanted to drive regardless of the power. Hate people that are so narrow minded and so what if he's parents are rich? Honestly people like you kill this site.

Chromatic
Registered Rotor User

#8 Post by Chromatic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:08 pm

SERIS-8 wrote:

thanks

Seriously dude your an idiot, keep it about rotaries??? (general discussion- Rotaries and CARS!!!!) thats the topic i made sure i typed cars in capitals for you. The guy has a genuine qn and actually if i was a p plater i would be interested in a loop hole to drive a car that i wanted to drive regardless of the power. Hate people that are so narrow minded and so what if he's parents are rich? Honestly people like you kill this site.
:)

dimik252
The Bug Has Bitten

#9 Post by dimik252 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:12 pm

all ready know what the rta will say and its not looking good

"Not deemed pratical, if You can aford to get a Mercedes C 180 K can aford a p plate legal car blah blah blah." happens all the time.

all the best with it though. most p platers still drive the kompressers and Voltswagen TSI, most cops realise that its not a sports car but only turbo and supercharged for fuel economy. But saying that u will get the prick cop everyonce and while.

Mazda 808 12abp for sale - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=212968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chromatic
Registered Rotor User

#10 Post by Chromatic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:21 pm

dimik252 wrote:all ready know what the rta will say and its not looking good

"Not deemed pratical, if You can aford to get a Mercedes C 180 K can aford a p plate legal car blah blah blah." happens all the time.

all the best with it though. most p platers still drive the kompressers and Voltswagen TSI, most cops realise that its not a sports car but only turbo and supercharged for fuel economy. But saying that u will get the prick cop everyonce and while.
Its a "moderately supercharged" vehicle, and its classified as exempt? I heard it means that the RTA is saying u can drive the thing, but u need to pay the application fee and get the exemption anyway.

dimik252
The Bug Has Bitten

#11 Post by dimik252 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Chromatic wrote:

Its a "moderately supercharged" vehicle, and its classified as exempt? I heard it means that the RTA is saying u can drive the thing, but u need to pay the application fee and get the exemption anyway.

Maybe im no expert. See how you go. presonally i dont know why they would say no but u then again it is the rta lol

i had a friend apply to get a v8 shara exempted and the rta said get another afforable p plater legal car.

Mazda 808 12abp for sale - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=212968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chromatic
Registered Rotor User

#12 Post by Chromatic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:31 pm

dimik252 wrote:
Chromatic wrote:

Maybe im no expert. See how you go. presonally i dont know why they would say no but u then again it is the rta lol

i had a friend apply to get a v8 shara exempted and the rta said get another afforable p plater legal car.
LOL mate, well yeah, thats a V8 car :D

Mine is a 4 cylinder 1.8 l supercharged, and its classified as EXEMPT:

An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:

* A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
* Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
* You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer.
* The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.

Note: NSW provisional licences issued prior to 11 July 2005 were not conditioned. However, the condition will be applied if the provisional driver is disqualified for an offence committed on or after 11 July 2005. In these instances, the provisional holder may be granted an exemption if they can prove direct ownership of their current vehicle at the time of the offence that led to the disqualification.

Examples of moderate performance turbo/supercharged vehicles that are eligible for exemption include:

* Audi 1390cc A3
* Audi 1798cc A3 and A4
* Audi 1984cc Q5
* Citroen 1598cc C4 1.6L
* Fiat 1368cc, Punto and Rimto
* Mercedes-Benz 1796cc CLK200K, E200K, C200, CLC200, C230 and SLK 200K
* Peugeot 1598cc 308 Series 1.6T XSE
* Saab 1988cc 9-3 Linear, and Vector
* Skoda 1798cc Superb 1.8 TFSI and Octavia 1.8 TFSI
* Volkswagen 1390cc Golf 90TSI and Golf 118TSI
* Volkswagen 1984cc Tiguan 125TSI and Passat 147TSI

Note, for enforcement purposes provisional drivers must carry an exemption letter from the RTA to drive these vehicles.

dennez
Uber Post Whore

#13 Post by dennez » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 pm

just because its on the exemption list doesnt mean just apply and they will let you drive it.
then every dickhead would go buy one of those cars, you need a valid and plausible reason.

thast my view on the rule anyway, i could be wrong

Maztrix wrote:Just think of someone else's penis emptying inside your girlfriend and if that doesn't stop you from cheating then hurt that new vag like its gonna be your last.

Chromatic
Registered Rotor User

#14 Post by Chromatic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:34 pm

dennez wrote:just because its on the exemption list doesnt mean just apply and they will let you drive it.
then every dickhead would go buy one of those cars, you need a valid and plausible reason.

thast my view on the rule anyway, i could be wrong
I said its for educational/study reasons in my final year at school. SERIOUSLY, im not worried about whether ill get it or not because im sure i will, I just want to know when I find out (sorry if that sounds arrogant)

dennez
Uber Post Whore

#15 Post by dennez » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:36 pm

if i was the rta, i would tell you to catch the school bus like normal kids.
but im not the rta :lol:

Maztrix wrote:Just think of someone else's penis emptying inside your girlfriend and if that doesn't stop you from cheating then hurt that new vag like its gonna be your last.