Are you being blocked from seeing Photobucket images in AusRotary posts?

Well, there is a temporary fix available in the form of a browser extension/plugin.

You can find them here:



We are working on a permanent solution that will mean all externally hosted images that are still online are hosted by us. In the meantime, try these to get the page working properly.

This announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

Valuation of RX3's...

Topics specific to rotary engines, cars and car-related issues.
eg: automotive news, concepts, car shows, etc.

Moderators: wotmazda, 7rex, KILLA 13B, matty

Post Reply
Message
Author
RE10
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:29 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Valuation of RX3's...

#1 Post by RE10 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 am

Seems to be some variation in what mint RX3s sell for currently...

Anyone got some examples of what you pay in the current market??


Looking for NOS 10a parts - PM me

autokiwi
The Bug Has Bitten
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: NZ
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#2 Post by autokiwi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Have a read through this thread, a couple of examples.
http://ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=249557&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was a 72 coupe with black plate, average condition in NZ a few months ago went around $55k

Anything mint original mostly unmodified will be close to $100 k if not more.

If rough and been butchered, then probably closer to $50k.

Keep a watch at Lloyds online, as a few seem to sell there.



RE10
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:29 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#3 Post by RE10 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:15 am

autokiwi wrote:Have a read through this thread, a couple of examples.
http://ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=249557&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was a 72 coupe with black plate, average condition in NZ a few months ago went around $55k

Anything mint original mostly unmodified will be close to $100 k if not more.

If rough and been butchered, then probably closer to $50k.

Keep a watch at Lloyds online, as a few seem to sell there.
Cheers for that - yes had a look at the black one in Welly - needed everything done, was very tired. collecting up data and info to support insurance valuation (seems to change every six months lol).

How is your coupe coming along?


Looking for NOS 10a parts - PM me

autokiwi
The Bug Has Bitten
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: NZ
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#4 Post by autokiwi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:02 pm

autokiwi wrote:How is your coupe coming along?
Slowly....



greenone
Weekend Cruiser
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#5 Post by greenone » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:58 pm

RE10 wrote:
autokiwi wrote:Have a read through this thread, a couple of examples.
http://ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=249557&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was a 72 coupe with black plate, average condition in NZ a few months ago went around $55k

Anything mint original mostly unmodified will be close to $100 k if not more.

If rough and been butchered, then probably closer to $50k.

Keep a watch at Lloyds online, as a few seem to sell there.
Cheers for that - yes had a look at the black one in Welly - needed everything done, was very tired. collecting up data and info to support insurance valuation (seems to change every six months lol).

How is your coupe coming along?
Hi RE10,

I've had mine valued by an approved motor vehicle valuer. I've had to do it twice over the last 18 months, due to increasing values. He inspected it once, I think it cost a couple of hundred, then we just do it over the phone and he charges nothing or just $50.
He does quite a bit of research and seems to be well up to date with what things go for.
https://www.lauriepayne.co.nz/valuations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH
Grant


Image

RE10
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:29 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#6 Post by RE10 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 am

greenone wrote: Hi RE10,

I've had mine valued by an approved motor vehicle valuer. I've had to do it twice over the last 18 months, due to increasing values. He inspected it once, I think it cost a couple of hundred, then we just do it over the phone and he charges nothing or just $50.
He does quite a bit of research and seems to be well up to date with what things go for.
https://www.lauriepayne.co.nz/valuations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH
Grant
Cheers Grant, will follow up on that 8)


Looking for NOS 10a parts - PM me

RE10
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:29 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#7 Post by RE10 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:58 am

A related question...

What is the record paid for an RX3? Modified and Stock... any examples people care to share?


Looking for NOS 10a parts - PM me

greenone
Weekend Cruiser
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#8 Post by greenone » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:52 am

Straight from the auctioneers mouth, this fella here -https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDeta ... id=1055050

Was passed in at $135k, reserve was $150k - was sold between those two figures.

That has to be the highest one I've seen


Image

autokiwi
The Bug Has Bitten
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: NZ
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#9 Post by autokiwi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 am

Buy mine for a mill, then you'll have a new record :)



Savanna RX3 GSII
The Bug Has Bitten
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:06 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#10 Post by Savanna RX3 GSII » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

autokiwi wrote:Buy mine for a mill, then you'll have a new record :)
Ahaha to funny


RIP GYPSY

roatary
Weekend Cruiser
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:23 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#11 Post by roatary » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Wow, that RX3 coupe looks nice indeed. Is it the same RX3 as advertised from a import dealer on parramatta rd, phil lee or something?? I remember they had a vid on youtube with a rx3 coupe like that car in that auction. I think its the same car.



PS: I still get fed up with idiots advertising their 808 at RX3 prices.



Mazda.Enthusiast
Weekend Cruiser
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 am
Location: Brisbane
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#12 Post by Mazda.Enthusiast » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Curious to know peoples opinion on how much I should insure my 1974 Mazda RX3 Sedan.
It's totally original - Concorde Silver paint, 12A engine, 4 speed, running gear, black interior - bar the Battery and its tyres :D ,
Presently it has 57,809klm.

I paid $26,000 for it in early November 2006 when it had 54,480klm.
At the time this was a record price for an original RX3.

I currently have it insured for an agreed value of $65,000, but I think this might be a bit low based on the current market?

Your thoughts?


Iris Blue (F3) '74 RX3 Sedan 12A 3sp 106,500klm (Apr '92)
Concorde Silver (D6) '74 RX3 Sedan 12A 4sp 57,639klm (Nov '06)
Earth Green (EU) '73 RX3 Coupe 10A 4sp 153,495mls (Oct '07)
Sunbeam Silver (K3) '78 808 Wagon 1.6L 4sp 54,021klm (Sep '08)

User avatar
CatFunt
Boost Me Up
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 am
Location: London, Mud Island
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#13 Post by CatFunt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 pm

here is a cheap minter if anyone is keen. You just cant find them this good anymore.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-c ... 294241.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Image

User avatar
CatFunt
Boost Me Up
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 am
Location: London, Mud Island
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#14 Post by CatFunt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Mazda.Enthusiast wrote:Curious to know peoples opinion on how much I should insure my 1974 Mazda RX3 Sedan.
It's totally original - Concorde Silver paint, 12A engine, 4 speed, running gear, black interior - bar the Battery and its tyres :D ,
Presently it has 57,809klm.

I paid $26,000 for it in early November 2006 when it had 54,480klm.
At the time this was a record price for an original RX3.

I currently have it insured for an agreed value of $65,000, but I think this might be a bit low based on the current market?

Your thoughts?
I think that's really light. Especially for Aussie. Sedans are just as popular as coupes there. Bog stock where its at too.

NZ seems to favour coupes over sedans by a long chalk.

This has been for sale for ages. OK its never going back to stock but its pretty tidy and no one wants it.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-c ... 674076.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Image

RE10
Get a Girlfriend
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:29 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Valuation of RX3's...

#15 Post by RE10 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:03 pm

The range for an immactulate coupe seems to be between $80-$120K

Drug dealer money :mrgreen:


Looking for NOS 10a parts - PM me

Post Reply