Adsy's Suspension Corner (MKII)

A library of especially useful topics taken from Tech Talk.

Moderators: KillerRx4, orx626

Forum rules
This forum is intended as a library of some of the really useful topics from Tech Talk. When the admin spot a topic that they think is worthy of saving they will move it into this forum.

Within this forum regular users will not be able to post new topics. You will be able to reply to a topic that has been placed in here, so you can continue the discussion to add further information or ask questions.
Black079
Rotary?... What The?
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Adsy's Suspension Corner (MKII)

#451 Post by Black079 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks Adsy,
I’ll start on the back bushes and commit to a new set of front components when I do them.

Any advice on those eBay kits I posted up or where else to pick up replacement parts like ball joints etc??

The main concerning feedback I read from their eBay reviews was occasional wrong parts sent or slow shipping :S

Cheers.

Adsy01
Administrator
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

#452 Post by Adsy01 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:35 am

Super pro bushes via eBay. Generally cheaper than trade prices.

Ball joints and tie rod ends are pretty much all the same quality these days, so don’t get hung up on brands, just pick the one you feel
Most comfortable buying from. You’ll find that people getting sent the wrong parts is when there’s variation from year to year of manufacture of the car (Rx3/4 are bad for this). 1st gen Rx7’s are all the same across all years.

KREMSRX7
Rebuild Time
Has liked: 1 time

#453 Post by KREMSRX7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Ok, so I’m slowly moving ahead with my hb 929 project, and trying to think ahead to save myself grief, time and $$ later on.
With planning my suspension upgrades i need some advice.
1stly, this is going to be mainly a street car, i want a nice comfy ride that will also be able to be tuned to handle well if i decide to do a hill climb etc, so I don’t want anything stiff as a brick!!
The car currently has the std 2lt and 5 sp, which will be considerably heavier than the 13brew that’s about to be installed, what’s the best way to get the spring rate right??
I cant seem to find anything decent for this vehicle or even for a hb cosmo.
I have some spare struts which i plan to send to adsy to get converted to adjustable stuff, but is it worth waiting to get the car weighed after the conversion is done to determine spring rates from front to rear??
Also, being IRS, what’s the best way to get some neg camber on the rear, i need to tuck my rear wheels in a little at the top to get them in the guards, they don’t need much, just a little!!
Thanks in advance, krem

trader feedback: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50643

Adsy01
Administrator
Has liked: 0

#454 Post by Adsy01 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 am

As soon as you lower the car the rear will gain negaative camber.

As for spring rate the different in weight over the front axel is what info is needed to determine change. But by the time you add turbo and what not, you’ll find they’re closer in weight than first thought.