Are you being blocked from seeing Photobucket images in AusRotary posts?

Well, there is a temporary fix available in the form of a browser extension/plugin.

You can find them here:

We are working on a permanent solution that will mean all externally hosted images that are still online are hosted by us. In the meantime, try these to get the page working properly.

This announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

RX-3 Restoration information

A library of especially useful topics taken from Tech Talk.

Moderators: KillerRx4, orx626

Forum rules
This forum is intended as a library of some of the really useful topics from Tech Talk. When the admin spot a topic that they think is worthy of saving they will move it into this forum.

Within this forum regular users will not be able to post new topics. You will be able to reply to a topic that has been placed in here, so you can continue the discussion to add further information or ask questions.
autokiwi
The Bug Has Bitten

Re: RX-3 Restoration information

#871 Post by autokiwi » Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Ok, seat rails question.

Are RX-3 seat rails the same in Sedan, Wagon and Coupe, or are Coupe different in some way?

Are 808 versions the same part as RX-3, or are they different?

gypsy
Rebuild Time

#872 Post by gypsy » Mon May 18, 2015 9:09 am

Coupes have a foot pedal behind one of the seats for the rear passengers to be able to get out unassisted. Sedan and wagon rails should fit but yes both the rails and I think the actual seat mechanisms on both front seats are different to 4 door cars. Rear seat base is also different from 4 doors.

Early 808 coupes are basically rx3 spec aside from center cluster differences. Late model Australian coupes are pretty much the same as well except they got the nicer rubber steering wheel and shift knob.

keithrx3c@hotmail.com
Rotor Junkie

#873 Post by keithrx3c@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Coupes had that foot pedal on the passenger side seat.

Got a couple questions myself:

1) Does anyone do replacement cables for the dash vents? They have a plastic tube that tends to break.

2) Who does restoration work on guages? The speedo needle in my old 808's had a tendency to wander all over the place even with a new speedo cable and you could hear it slipping in the speedo so it must of been the guages. I'm anticipating the same problem with the current 808 sedan.

Keith :wink:

808 coupe RX-3SP replica project viewtopic.php?f=21&t=115385
RIP John

autokiwi
The Bug Has Bitten

#874 Post by autokiwi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:29 am

Keith

Just google handbrake cable repairs for your area, and that should find someone who can make up replacements.
You'll probably need to supply your existing one to match.

There's this place as an example:
http://www.autocables.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For odo repairs, there's this place in Melbourne, but should be similar places in the large centres.
This crowd look like they can do cables as well.
http://www.howardinstruments.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

keithrx3c@hotmail.com
Rotor Junkie

#875 Post by keithrx3c@hotmail.com » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Thanks, I'll check em out.

Keith :wink:

808 coupe RX-3SP replica project viewtopic.php?f=21&t=115385
RIP John

3311matt
Registered Rotor User

#876 Post by 3311matt » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi , first time poster. Just a quick question someone may be able to help me with, I'm looking at purchasing an American model rx3 s124a which has already been imported to Australia and converted to rhd for a restoration. It is not currently running and needs a fair bit of work. Is this vehicle once restored able to be registered for daily driving in Queensland without to much difficulty? Thanks

Muz73
Registered Rotor User

#877 Post by Muz73 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here but certainly not a newbie when it comes to early Mazda rotaries. I am an aussie but I have lived in Germany for some years. I recently purchased a very nice LHD RX3 coupe in Belgium. Reading through the Posts here, and on the Basis of the Information from the seller (Mazda Dealer for 45 years), I am pretty sure that I have purchased the very first RX3 of the USA or Euro Spec. Built 1971, 1st Registration 1972 (cherry tail lights) and the following Chassis number:

S102A130000

Can anyone shed some light on what I have. Some say Homologation Prototype, some say the very first Euro Spec, some say the very first LHD (Euro and USA spec). In any case I am happy as a pig in .... and I am in the process of registering etc in Germany on historic Plates.

Thanks in advance for any help or indeed any contacts in Hiroshima.

KYPREO
Administrator

#878 Post by KYPREO » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:51 pm

I understand these have been in the works for a while now, but for those who are interested...

They're doing early Savanna RX7 fabrics too apparently

My Build Log
WTB series 3 RX-7 shifter boot in off black/grey